15.11.07

La bibliothèque Gusteau.

FRENCH CUSTOMER: Hello. There are two books I can't find on the shelf.

LIBRARY GUY: Tell me the titles and I'll see if I can find them. (Consulting online catalogue:) Here, you see. Both of those books are out on loan. One is due back the day after tomorrow and the other one is due back next week. Here's how you can look up the due dates yourself.

FRENCH CUSTOMER: Okay, thanks.

LIBRARY GUY: Wait, I can put a hold request on those books in your name. That way, we'll keep the books for you when they come in, notify you by email and you can come in and collect them.

FRENCH CUSTOMER: Thank you very much. This is a great service. French libraries don't do this for their borrowers.

LIBRARY GUY: Don't they?

FRENCH CUSTOMER: Irish libraries are much better than French libraries.

LIBRARY GUY: I don't know about that, but at least in France they have proper food.

FRENCH CUSTOMER: C'est vrai.