27.3.07

One meme, found around the place, several previous careful owners...

1. Elaborate on your default icon.
(So I'm guessing this meme came from LiveJournal...)
Over at my (sparsely-updated) LJ page, the default icon is pinched from Magritte and I suppose serves as a kind of a comment on my current (and hopefully ongoing) abstinence from tobacco. Or maybe just because Magritte is cool. The Blogger eye-con on the profile page is just something I snapped with my webcam and posterised. (PhotoBooth, yet another great way to waste your time.)

2. What's your current relationship status?
Never you mind.

3. Ever have a near-death experience?
I'm still hoping for a near - life experience.

4. Name an obvious quality you have.
Helpful to a fault. Sometimes I end up doing three peoples' jobs for them.

5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
Do You Love An Apple? by the Bothy Band.

6. Any celeb you would marry?
Not particularly. I'd imagine that being married to a celebrity would be a complete bummer.

7. Who will cut and paste this first?
I will, then I'll hit the "publish" button and someone else will (hopefully) come along and cut and paste it themselves.

8. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Jerry Hall, Lindsay Lohan and Larry David, apparently.

9. Do you have a crush on someone?
No.

10. Have you ever vandalised someone's private property?
Private, no.

11. Have you ever been in a fight?
Once or twice. Usually I can front my way out of a confrontation pretty well. You learn how to do that when you're short and not particularly strong.

12. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
Plenty of times. Then I go home, have a cup of tea, and go to bed. Just like everyone else.

13. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Depends on the person really, but I'm first and foremost a leg man.

14. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
Starbuck's hasn't infested my part of the planet yet, praisethelord, but from my local emporium it's usually good old ground coffee. When I feel indulgent I might go for a big latte.

15. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Banged head against the wall a few times, yes.

16. Say something totally random about yourself.
Somebody just asked if I was married.

17. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Yes, chiefly people who are blind as the proverbial bat. Because of the hair, I usually get Marc Bolan or Tiny Tim. :-P

18. BONUS QUESTION!
I'm just so gobsmacked at getting this bonus question I can't think of a question.

19. Do you have anything pierced?
Yes.

20. Do you have any tattoos?
No. Not anti-tattoo or puritanical about it, but I just don't care for them.

21. Do you like pain?
Not particularly. Try suffering a succession of dental abscesses, consequent septicemia, and a nagging dose of fibrocytis, and then tell me how much fun it is.

22. Do you like to shop?
It's a necessary evil I guess.

23. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
A nice big fat cup of coffee, and some custard creams.

24. What was the last thing you paid for with a credit card?
Some software.

25. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
My bruvver.

26. What is on your desktop background?
A very pretty spaceship. Even my Trekkie mates agree that this one is prettier.

27. What is the background on your cell phone?
A picture I took at work.

28. Do you like redheads?
I'm forced to. Apart from myself and two of my brothers, just about everyone on both sides of the family is a redhead. No, red hair isn't an innately Celtic characteristic - it's something the Vikings gave us to remember them by. Thanks, lads. For that and the spam song.

Maybe we had a Spanish milkman, or something...

29. Do you know any twins?
Quite a few, come to think of it. Plus, I've been in relationships with two different girls who've been twins. Actually, there's an interesting story there I'll get to some other time.

30. Do you have any weird relatives?
Plenty. They make me look normal.

31. What was the last movie you watched?
Once. Not earth-shaking, but not bad either. The music is good, and Markéta is gorgeous.

32. What was the last book you read?
The Pythons' Autobiography By The Pythons.